In 2004, after working with an amazing social worker, I knew that I was called to work in the field of Social Work. I felt as if I needed to pay it forward just as my own social worker was doing in the world of adoption. Several years later, after sitting through my first couple social work classes, I knew that this was the right path for me.
Social Work Interests:
Since graduating from Cleveland State University, I have had the opportunity to present several workshops at the Birthmom Buds Birthmom Retreat which is held annually in Charlotte, North Carolina. Workshop topics: identifying personal support, self-care, and how the road of open adoption looks after placement.
Aging Adults / Geriatrics:
I do feel that this is a population that is very much in need of support. I find the older adult population fascinating, and I do believe that the younger generation can learn from their elders if they are willing to sit and listen to the many stories that each individual has.
Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- University of Connecticut: School of Social Work
- Concentration: Group Work
- Expected Graduation Date: April 2017
- Field Education (Internship):
Foundation Year: Department of Children & Families – Willimantic, Connecticut
Advanced Year: Natchaug: Older Adult Program at Windham Hospital – Willimantic, Connecticut
Bachelors of Social Work (BSW)
- School of Social Work, Cleveland State University, 2013
- Major: Social Work
- Minor: Psychology
- Field Education (Internship): Adoption Network Cleveland – Cleveland, Ohio
- Cleveland State University: Magna Cum Laude,
- Cleveland State Chapter: Phi Alpha – Social Work Honors Society
- Cleveland State: Golden Key Honor
- 2015 – UConn Building Bridges Program – Peer Partner (1st year, incoming student participant)
- 2016 – UConn Building Bridges Program – Ambassador (Mentor)
- 2016 – UConn Graduate Student Organization (GSO) – Education Policy Committee: Micro Social Work Graduate Representative